Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 175
The Zutto EC-DAC50 5-Cup Drip coffeemaker is the lovechild of Japanese interior designers and newcomer to the coffee maker field, Zojirushi. Not only is it great kitchen eye candy, it also makes fantastic coffee. Diehard coffee aficionados may find it a bit unnerving to know that this machine was actually made with appearance foremost, and functionality second, but don’t make the mistake of pre-judging this machine. We’ll cover all the specs in our Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto Coffeemaker Review:
Specifications and Features
The Zutto EC-DAC50 features a glass carafe, removable coffee reservoir, and a conical drip cone that is actually located inside the carafe. The machine is compact, so even if kitchen space is at a premium, it will fit nicely on most countertops.
Additional features include:
- Easy to use, with a single switch – just put your coffee in a #2 filter, pour water into the reservoir, and turn it on.
- Removable lid for easy cleaning.
- Removable water reservoir.
- Reservoir has a replaceable filter so you don’t have to worry about impurities in your tap water adversely affecting the taste of the coffee.
- Brews five cups in about five minutes.
- The Zutto EC-DAC50 is a very stylish-looking machine that will look at home in any kitchen.
- Reservoir removes for easy cleaning.
- Easy-to-read measurement markings.
- Dripper is located inside the carafe, so you don’t have to worry about spills and drips.
- Brews great-tasting coffee.
- 1-year warranty.
- Some users feel that the price point is a bit high for a machine that is made mainly of plastic.
- A little on the high side price-wise for a 5-cup machine that doesn’t have a lot of features.
- Some consumers feel that the single-band handle design makes the carafe a bit flimsy – an additional band at the base of the handle would help.
- 5-cup capacity is a bit on the small side for entertaining.
- No programmability, timer, or pause and serve.
- Some users feel that the coffee could be hotter.
Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto Coffeemaker Review – The Verdict
The Zojirushi Zutto EC-DAC50 definitely gets top marks for style, but it’s not exactly a feature-loaded machine. One feature we really like, though, is the removable water reservoir – something that is sadly lacking in a lot of coffee makers. Being able to take the reservoir to the sink and fill it, without having to involve the carafe, is a big plus for our money. There is a lot of plastic, but it’s not cheap-looking plastic by any means.
The machine is reasonably fast, delivering your coffee at about a minute per cup. We do find the five-cup capacity a little unusual, and of course it’s not going to be a coffee maker suitable for large gatherings where everyone wants their coffee at once, but it’s perfect for single users or couples who want to have a cup or two before heading out to work and then transfer the rest to travel mugs.
The Zutto EC-DAC50 is durable, easy to clean, and also looks awesome. It may be a bit on the high end of the scale in terms of price, but if you don’t mind spending a few dollars more for a simple, reliable machine, you should definitely consider the Zutto EC-DAC50.