It would be hard to imagine another coffee machine that is so packed with features and yet is available at such a reasonable price. The Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker is a great looking machine that will suit any kitchen décor, and offers features that you might expect in a more expensive coffee maker. Let’s cover all the specs in this Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT Review:
Specifications and Features
In addition to its great looks, the Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX333GT is a top-performing machine, and in fact was recognized as one of the best performers in its class in a leading consumer magazine. It offers:
- A removable filter basket that is easily removed for cleaning or filling.
- Pause and serve feature that lets you get your cup of coffee while the rest of the pot is still brewing.
- Two-hour shut-off so your coffee stays hot but never gets bitter.
- Timer can be set up to 24 hours in advance.
- On/off indicator light.
- Special cleaning cycle.
- Dimensions are 14.41×11.06×9.09.
- The water window shows you how much water is in the reservoir.
- Cord tucks away for easy storage.
- Brew strength selector allows you to have your coffee just as mild or as strong as you like.
- Works with either a glass or thermal carafe.
- Coffee stays hot for two hours, which is very handy if you are entertaining.
- Built-in water filtration removes up to 97% of the chlorine from you water, resulting in a much better tasting brew.
- Filter basket can accommodate either the Mr. Coffee Permanent Filter, or ordinary paper filters.
- Fresh Brew Timer tells you when you need to make a fresh pot.
- 2-year warranty.
- This machine is a little heavy compared with others in its class, weighing in at 4 pounds.
- A bit on the large side, which could be problematic where counter space is at a premium.
- The thermal carafe has to be purchased separately.
- Permanent filter has to be purchased separately.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT Review – The Verdict
The Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker isn’t perfect – it takes up a fair bit of counter space. The good news is, that’s all we can find to criticize. Some buyers may be a little annoyed at having to buy the thermal carafe and the permanent filter separately, but to our way of thinking, this is a lot like getting a diamond ring for the price of a cubic zirconia, and then complaining that it’s set in gold instead of platinum. Most machines in this price range don’t have anywhere near the features the BVMC-SJX33GT has, and you’ll still be getting a great deal even if you do decide to shell out for the thermal carafe and the permanent filter.
If you want a good, solid coffee maker with lots of features that won’t even come close to breaking the bank, we urge you to take a good look at this outstanding machine from Mr. Coffee.