The Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System review covers one of the finest single-cup coffee makers on the market, which will continue to be unsurpassed in 2016. Keurig sets the industry standard when it comes to single-cup brewers, and nowhere is this more apparent than in the K75. It is highly effective when it comes to brewing not just coffee, but also tea, hot chocolate, and other beverages with a mere touch of a button.
Specifications and Features
The K75 features a nice, sleek design, with blue LCD lighting and a 24-hour digital clock, and will look great in any kitchen or office. If you are new to coffee brewing, you will really appreciate the fact that a new K75 comes with a 12-pack variety K-cup box, so you and your family can experiment and find out which flavors please you most.
The unit has a 72-ounce reservoir to the left of the brewing apparatus, and it is removable for easy filling. The drip tray is removable, and allows you to fill travel mugs easily. The brewer accommodates, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 ounce cups. You can also regulate the brewing temperature. We are also quite partial to the “Quiet Brew” technology that allows the machine to operate with very little noise.
Once the K75 is turned on, it automatically begins delivering water from the reservoir to the tank where the heating process takes place. This usually takes about five minutes. If you are using the K75 for the first time, you should run plain water through it in order to prime the system. There is an optional water filtration system available for the K75, but if you choose not to purchase it, you should probably make sure that your kitchen tap is equipped with a water filtration device, or use bottled water in order to ensure the best possible brew.
Other specifications include:
- Very easy to use, with a lever that lifts away so you can load the K-cup receiver.
- Pins are located below and above the receiver, to poke holes in the cup, allowing the water to permeate thoroughly.
- Once you have filled the reservoir, and heated the water up to the right temperature, all you need to do is hit the “brew” button and wait for your drink.
- Power switch located on right rear of machine; everything else done using the one-touch control panel.
- Only five buttons to deal with, so the Keurig K75 Platinum is very easy to use.
- Fast brew delivery – 4-5 minutes.
- Reliable temperature settings.
- Fliter pods last a long time if you choose the water filtration option.
- Easy to add water to reservoir without spilling.
- Water will not continue to drip once brewing is complete.
- Attractive design – will not look out of place in any kitchen.
- Easy to clean.
- Doesn’t weigh much, so if you want to move it from room to room, or from home to office, you can do so easily.
- Programmable timer makes it very easy for you to wake up to a bracing cup of coffee in the morning, or a relaxing hot drink when you get back from work.
- The Keurig K75 Platinum is fairly expensive when compared with other machines in its class, retailing between $165 and $180.
- Lightweight, meaning that it can be vulnerable to breakage – be careful not to drop it.
Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System Review – The Verdict
If price is a concern, you might want to shop around a bit, or wait for one to go on sale. Expense notwithstanding, the Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System is a versatile, feature-loaded coffee maker that will also make just about any other hot drink you may want. Properly cared for, it will serve you well for a long time.