Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 175
The Hamilton Beach 49980Z 2-Way brewer review covers the Hamilton brewer’s great value, which delivers both standard 12-cup brewing and single serving capability in a single, reasonably-priced machine. It’s perfect for people who are tired of standing in line to get their morning cup of coffee, and tired of paying high prices for the convenience of having a decent cup brewed for them.
This machine is made from durable stainless steel, so even with the low purchase price, you can count on it to last you for a long time. If the budget is a bit tight, but you still want to have freshly brewed, great-tasting coffee at your convenience, you could do a lot worse than the Hamilton Beach 2-Way
Specifications and Features
As you can tell from the name, the Hamilton Beach 2-Way offers you two ways to make coffee. You can make just a single cup, or a whole pot, and you can select the option that you want just by flicking a switch. Whether you want one cup or twelve, you can brew your coffee at home and save a lot of money. There is also a strength function that allows you to determine whether you want a really strong brew, or something a little more mild – this is a feature that is more often found on high-end machines, and we are delighted to find it on this inexpensive model.
Further specifications include:
- Travel mug next to the carafe.
- Programmable – timer can be set up to 24 hours in advance so you can wake up to the smell of fresh coffee in the morning.
- More features than many models in the mid- or even the high-priced range.
- Adjustable for a variety of different brewing choices.
- User-friendly interface.
- Brew as much or as little coffee as you want, and have it in whatever strength you want.
- Very light, so you can move it to and from home and office without difficulty.
- Comes with pod holder that you simply snap in place if you want to use pre-packaged coffee pods.
- Brew basket features mesh filter, so you don’t need paper filters, although we do recommend them for a better brew – if you run out of paper filters, though, you won’t have to do without your morning coffee.
- Very easy to clean.
- Carafe lid cannot be removed.
- Ridges in mesh filter make it difficult to rise thoroughly.
- Water valve will get clogged if you don’t clean regularly with a solution of vinegar and water.
- Built-in clock has no battery backup, so if the power goes out you will have to re-set the time – however, even high-end coffee machines often don’t even have a clock, so this is essentially a minor point.
- In rare cases, the Hamilton Beach 2-Way has been known to stop working for no apparent reason; however, the unit does come with warranty, so you can count on Hamilton Beach to take care of you if this happens.
Hamilton Beach 49980Z 2-Way Brewer Review – The Verdict
All things considered, the Hamilton Beach 2-way is a great little coffee maker, but as with all good things, there are a few drawbacks. However, if you want flexibility and a great cup of coffee, you will not be disappointed by the Hamilton Beach 2-way. It’s easy to use, the price isn’t hard on the wallet, and you can use pods or regular ground coffee. We think it would be cheap at twice the price.