Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 175
Cuisinart pretty much owns the market when it comes to small kitchen appliances and cookware. Of course that doesn’t necessarily mean that every product they make is going to be an instant hit, but the Cuisinart DCC-2600 coffee maker was, and continues to be. Read on to learn more about all its specs in this Cuisinart DCC-2600 Review:
Specifications and Features
The Cuisinart DCC-2600 is a mid-priced coffee maker that features a 14-cup capacity –two to four more cups than is standard on a full-size machine. Unless you typically host large gatherings, which might require an industrial-size coffee maker, this should be more than adequate.
The DCC-2600 offers two strength settings – regular and bold – so you can decide whether you want just a great cup of coffee, or one that delivers a bit more impact. The heating plate temperature is also adjustable, so you’ll never have to worry about getting lukewarm coffee – you can choose between hot and hotter! And you also won’t have to deal with your coffee sitting for too long on the warming plate, or shutting off automatically too soon.
Other specifications include:
- You can set the automatic shut off for anywhere from one to four hours
- Fully programmable, so if waking up in the morning to the smell of fresh-brewed coffee is what it takes to get you going, you can set it up the night before and just use the timer to coincide with your regular wake-up time.
- Consistently brews great coffee with your choice of regular or bold brew.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to clean.
- Adjustable heating plate.
- Automatic shut-off programmable for up to four hours.
- Two-year warranty.
- Outstanding customer support.
- Some users think that they should be able to set the temperature control a bit higher.
- Some users have said that the unit is prone to leaking; however, it is worth noting that there is probably no such thing as a coffee maker anywhere on the market, at any price, that someone hasn’t experienced leaks with – often, leaks can occur due to improper use and ineffective cleaning.
- There have also been reports that the Cuisinart DCC-2600 may not outlive the warranty period, but again, it is important to use your coffee maker according to manufacturer instructions, and clean it regularly – if you are going to be using it every day, you should be cleaning it once a week to remove hard water and lime deposits.
- Not an industrial machine – if you are going to be making 14 cups every day and more than once a day, you probably need an industrial machine.
Cuisinart DCC-2600 Review – The Verdict
The Cuisinart DCC-2600 is a large-capacity coffee maker that delivers a perfect brew every time, and offers adjustable temperature control on the heating plate. You can also adjust the auto shut off from one hour to four. Properly cared for, this coffee maker will serve you well for quite some time. It is priced in the neighborhood of $160, but we have seen it retailing considerably lower, so it pays to shop around. It’s not the fastest unit on the market, but you can program it to brew your coffee at a time of your choosing, so you can always be assured of your coffee being ready when you get up in the morning. All in all, we think this is a good coffee maker at a good price, and well worth considering.