Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 175
You know the Cuisinart brand – they’re a leading manufacturer of kitchen appliances and cookware in the United States. In fact, their coffee makers consistently out-sell other brands, and the Cuisinart CHW-12 review covers one of their most popular models. There are good reasons for that – the CHW-12 looks really high-end, with its plastic and aluminum design, and it also has features galore, including brew pause and 24-hour programmability. It also won’t break the bank, although it is a bit on the high end of the mid-price range, retailing at about $100.
Specifications and Features
Just a glance will tell you that the Cuisinart CHW-12 is beyond ordinary for a mid-priced coffee maker. The hot water system isn’t built into the coffee-maker itself – it’s next to it. This means that you can use this machine not just to make coffee, but to heat up beverages and even make hot cereal. A flashing light tells you when the water is ready, and then you just push the button to make your coffee or some delicious oatmeal for breakfast.
Another feature you will love is the water purification system. If you’re like most of us, and living with “city water,” you know that you have to use a filtration system to get something that is at least palatable to drink. The CHW-12 actually comes with its own powerful charcoal filter, and an additional “gold” filter to ensure the best-tasting water you could imagine. And you know that as the water goes, so goes the coffee. The charcoal filter needs to be replaced periodically, but that’s the case with every machine that offers this feature, so that isn’t exactly a downside. All in all, this is a feature-packed coffee maker.
Other specifications include:
- Fully automatic.
- Carafe temperature control, so you can decide exactly how hot you want your coffee.
- Easy-to-read LCD display.
- Digital clock.
- Removable drip tray lets you fill taller mugs.
- 3-year warranty.
- Price a bit at the high end for a mid-priced coffee maker.
- Really fussy coffee drinkers may also find the fact that there are only three heat settings somewhat problematic – there are other models available that will offer more levels of temperature.
- Water system is somewhat basic – some people prefer a system that is not overly advanced, but if you want safety lock or advanced temperature control, you’re out of luck.
- Push-styled dispenser is somewhat less than precise, and does not offer the best control over the amount of water that is being dispensed – you may find that from time to time the water will trickle out over your cup, but the tray will catch the spillage.
Cuisinart CHW-12 Review – The Verdict
The Cuisinart CHW-12 has a huge array of useful features, some of which are usually only available in far pricier machines. The hot water system makes this machine perfect for kitchens where space is limited, or for people who just want to be able to heat up water in practically no time. The drip tray is a great bonus.
The Cuisinart CHW-12 is a nice looking machine, with a sleek design. There are tons of different functions, but if you’re a total techie and you want something really advanced, you might be better off going with a more expensive machine. The hot water system is a huge advantage, and if you need to save kitchen space, this model won’t take up a whole lot of room. The price tag of around a hundred dollars and the amazingly long warranty definitely make this coffee maker worth considering. If you want a reasonably basic machine that is easy to use but still offers plenty of features, the CHW-12 is for you.