Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 175
If you love coffee, you know BUNN. Chances are that you see BUNN coffee makers behind the counter whenever you visit your favorite diner – that’s because most of their coffee makers are made for cafeterias, restaurants, and industrial kitchens. BUNN also brings the same level of quality and dependability to their consumer coffee makers, whether full-size or made just for one, like the BUNN My Café MCU. Let’s cover all the specs in our BUNN My Café MCU Review:
Specifications and Features
The BUNN My Café MCU is a high-end, single-serving coffee machine that retails for around $170. This is actually a fairly low price for a machine in its class, making it a great value for anyone who wants great coffee a cup at a time. The coffee-making process is easy – basically, all you need to do is plug the machine in, give it a couple of minutes to heat up, and then push the button to make your coffee.
One thing you will not find with the BUNN My Café is pretty curves or a glossy finish. It is a very utilitarian-looking machine, with no brass knobs, no brushed chrome, no digital display, and no LED lighting. All you get is plastic and metal. Some people find its minimalist appearance appealing, but if a coffee maker’s visual impact is important to you in a coffee maker, the BUNN My Café may not be right for you.
Having said that, we think you would be making a mistake if you write off this machine solely based on looks. You could think of the My Café as something like that girl who got all the dates in high school – she didn’t look like much, but you’d fall in love with her personality. Simply stated, the BUNN My Café delivers the way she did. Nothing fancy, but you definitely get what you need.
Some further specifications include:
- Detachable, sliding brewing drawers that can brew anything – there’s a drawer for coffee pods and teabags, one for K-Cups, one for ground coffee
- Fourth drawer dispenses hot water, so you can make instant hot cereal.
- Very sturdy.
- Simple design.
- Suitable even for coffee newbies thanks to its ease of use.
- Only two buttons – one for regular brewing, and another for “pulse” brewing to give you a stronger flavored brew.
- Turns on automatically when plugged in, and when it’s ready to use, the light changes from red to green.
- Drawers are easy to use, and also very easy to clean – just remove the grounds or the pod, and give the drawer a rinse.
- Does not store extra water (this is one reason why it’s so compact), but this really shouldn’t be a big deal, since all you have to do when you’re ready to make your coffee is put water in your mug, and then pour it into the brewer.
- One button operation has a bit of a learning curve – the light flashes green when water is needed, flashes red if it needs to reheat, and alternates red and green if you have failed to put the drawer in all the way, and this can be a bit frustrating in the beginning, but you’ll get used to it.
- Some users report that the coffee is very hot, so if you have a sensitive mouth, you might want to let it cool a bit before drinking.
BUNN My Café MCU Review – The Verdict
The BUNN My Café delivers eight ounces of fresh-brewed coffee in under a minute. You can control how much water you use, so if you like stronger coffee, you can brew six ounces and get the same great flavor. It comes with a 2-year warranty, but it’s built to last, so the chances of you ever having to make a warranty claim are slim to none. We would happily recommend this coffee maker even if it weren’t cheaper than others in its class.