Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 173
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/bankerin/public_html/itscoffeeoclock.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-review/includes/functions.php on line 175
The BUNN BXB Velocity review covers an ideal coffee maker for people who not only want a great cup of coffee, but also want it in record time and with very little effort. In this day and age, we all want instant gratification – who hasn’t stood in front of the microwave, waiting impatiently for the beep? If you don’t want to wait any longer than three minutes for your coffee, then the BUNN BXB is the right machine for you.
The main advantage, of course, is in the brewing speed. When you consider that you’re getting your coffee in three minutes, you probably won’t mind the fact that the BUNN BXB Velocity does not have a timer. If you’re really in a hurry, though, you can actually get your coffee in mid-brew, thanks to the pause feature. Of course, we do suggest that you allow the machine to run for the full three minutes, since you really do get the best coffee when you brew a full pot. You’re not going to be able to wake up to the smell of freshly-brewed coffee, but by the time you wipe the sleep out of your eyes, brush your teeth and wash your face, your brew will be ready for you.
Specifications and Features
This is a very good-looking machine, with textured metal and black design that is at home in any décor, from traditional to ultra-modern. It is also fairly compact, although not the smallest coffee maker on the market. If counter space is at a premium, though, you still should find that it doesn’t take up enough space that it becomes problematic.
Other specifications include:
- Glass carafe holds at least ten cups, but if you have a lot of guests you can over-fill it a bit without having to worry about spillage.
- BUNN’s unique spray nozzle, which delivers water all through the grounds throughout the entire brewing process, extracting maximum flavor from your coffee.
- Hot water reservoir, so the water is constantly kept at 200 degrees Fahrenheit – this means that you also have hot water on hand if you want to make tea or hot chocolate.
- Nice looking.
- Not overly expensive – around $120.
- Speed nothing short of amazing – it’s like having instant coffee, without the less than satisfactory taste of instant coffee.
- Hot water reservoir lets you use hot water for other beverages.
- Simple design makes it easy to clean.
- Three-year warranty.
- Water is always hot, meaning that the machine is always using energy, but realistically, even if you have it plugged in and turned on all the time, that’s only going to amount to a couple of dollars on your utility bill in any given month.
- Some people feel that the price is a little bit high.
- No timer.
BUNN BXB Velocity Review – The Verdict
The BUNN BXB Velocity is super-fast, looks good, and is durable. It may be a bit on the high end price-wise compared to other machines in its class, but keep in mind that many of those other machines don’t deliver anything like what you get with the BUNN BXB Velocity. And besides, with a little shopping around, you can usually find them below the suggested retail.
The lack of a timer could also be considered a bit of a disadvantage, but let’s face it – you’re getting your coffee in three minutes. So if you absolutely must wake up to the smell of fresh coffee, we suggest putting the machine on your nightstand instead of in the kitchen, and setting it up before you go to bed. When you wake up, flick the switch. There – problem solved.
BUNN has a reputation for outstanding customer service, so if anything goes wrong within three years, you can be assured that they will look after you. There are other coffee makers in the same price range, but none that deliver coffee in three minutes. If you love good coffee, and you want it now, we highly recommend the BUNN BXB Velocity.